BSL CASTING has been a partner of Glencore Canada (Horne division) for a couple years. During that time, we have been satisfied about the quality of the chute liner parts they have supplied us with as...
- Tony Zavodnik, Purchasing agent | Glencore CanadaDetails+
BSL CASTING has been partnering with us for more than 3 years in casting components for our cylinder systems. These parts are used in sensitive environments which require tight physical properties as ...
- Estelle Chassery, Metallurgist | Weber HydraulikDetails+
BSL CASTING offers good quality products and an excellent service.
- Stéphanie Leroux, Purchasing department | Montreal Bronze Ltée / MBF Valves Inoxydables LtéeDetails+
Components - transportation sector
BSL CASTING has been collaborating with Mersen Canada for a couple years and this relationship has been beneficial to us. Because of BSL CASTING professionalism they have helped us to offer our custom...
- Brenda Lockhart, Purchasing department | Mersen CanadaDetails+
BSL CASTING has helped us to reduce our sourcing cost for our casting components. The good quality-price ratio of their products combined to on-time deliveries have convinced us to choose BSL Casting ...
- Victor J. Sanchez, Planification, production & sub-contracting | ProcecoDetails+
The components making process progresses the same way the technologies do. BSL CASTING offered us the optimal material for our applications while doing any critical adjustments in their process before...
- Frédéric Blanchet, General manager | Transfab EnergyDetails+
Innovative solutions in steel casting parts for the industries
BSL CASTING has supported us so we can meet our customers’ requirements, both by their great expertise as well as the close follow-up on orders. Congratulations to every member of the team.
― Guy Arcand, Vice-President | S.E. Techno-PlusDetails+
SIHI Pumps Ltd began working with BSL in 2012. Since that time they have used outstanding Customer Service and attention to quality product on time to grow into our largest Steel Sand Casting foundry....
― Shawn Martens, Purchasing supervisor | Sihi pump, division of FlowserveDetails+
BSL Casting has shared many posts overt the past months, in which we presented successful projects we have completed with our customers over the last 5 years.
However, we have to be honest with each other : It is not always a benefit to convert any part into casting. Let me present a few examples : Parts with simple shapes close to the one of a steel plate or bar are rarely replaced by cast parts because there is no financial benefit.
Also, sometimes the customer requires a limited number of pieces and the pattern cost makes the project not viable moneywise (though certain types of foam pattern are cheap and can be considered).
In the other hand, when a machine shop is looking for a material (or a special thickness or dimension) difficult to get in stock at the steel warehouse, they often turn around and ask a foundry about casting the material and part they need.
Here are some more situations in which fabricators and machine shops are replacing machined or weldment parts by cast parts :
- When machining and assembling operations are generating much material waste;
- When machining operations take much time to make a part; often the case with irregular or complexe shape parts.
- When the environment in which the part is used require an off-standard material :
- When the customer QA department requires :
BSL Casting remains available to analyse any request from you. We will evaluate if worthwhile or not to convert your machined or weldment part into a steel casting.